So I created a solution to display my holiday cards without nailing a huge display holder to my 1910 walls (my husband would freak if I put holes into our wall for a display that lasted four weeks).
Here's what you need:
- 3+ yards of grosgrain ribbon (any color will do, but red was my festive choice)
- 1+ thumbtack
- a stapler
Here's how to do it:
- Find a suitable door jamb where cards will not be in the way. I chose one that was wide and wouldn't be brushed by shoulders upon going through the doorway.
- Take your ribbon and cut it the height of the door jamb, less a few inches from the floor.
- Use the thumbtack to secure the ribbon at the very top.
- Take your holiday cards and staple them to the ribbon. Start at the top and work your way down. I like to overlap them just a tad and arrange them so they're angled a bit here a bit there, to create more interest.
- You can create as many as you need based on how many cards you receive. Here's another wall I did...
I love this solution because it takes a matter of 5 minutes to create and when a new card comes in the mail, it instantly has a home! If you've spotted your card in my display - give me a shout out and let me know you like that your card didn't end up in the bottom of a pile!